Google Ad Words Set Up – A guide for small businesses
Spending money on Google Ad Words is EASY! If you aren’t sure how to set up your account, you can easily blow through your hard earned dollars without seeing any results!
Here is an easy step by step guide to help you set up your first campaign.
1. Sign up and create a Google Ad Words account here. https://www.google.ca/adwords/
2. Create a new Campaign – Click on the “+Campaign” button
3. Choose “Search Only Network” – This is the most common option for businesses trying to create a heightened presence on the Search Engine Page Results. You can opt to include the display network which opens up the possibility of your ad showing up on thousands of websites that are part of the google network.
4. Choose “All Features” – Choosing all features gives you more options when targeting your ads. You’ll be able to select the time of day as well as other options to ensure your ad is reaching your intended audience.
5. Name the campaign…… You don’t have to be to descriptive with the name as you will add detail when you get to the Ad Groups set up.
6. If you want to focus your efforts on Google only, uncheck “Include Search Partners” on the networks section.
7. Targeting – Select the area you want the ads to show up in by choosing “Advanced Search”
Choose your city….You can use the Radius Targeting tool to tighten up targeting even further if you wish. Click done when completed.
8. Set your bids for clicks….
9. Set Budgets… (This isn’t necessarily the amount you will pay. This is determined by several different factors including the quality of your ad, the quality of your website/landing page, the relevancy of your ad and the amount you choose to bid.
10. Schedule your ads for when people are actively searching for your products and services. You can use Googles key word search tools to research keywords.
11. Click Save! Your campaign is now ready to go. Now you just need to create some ads!
12. Create and name the Ad Group & Select Key Words – Ad groups create structure for your campaign. Remember our campaign was called Graphic Design? Now we can create ad groups surrounding the types of graphic design work we do; Logo Design, Print Ad Design, Digital Ad Design ect…
13. Create the ads. Make sure to include a call to action if you can and make them as relevant to your keywords and landing page as possible, this will help towards Google giving you a good quality score!
Click save and finish! You are done!
If you need help setting up or managing your PPC or Pay Per Click advertising, give us a call. We’ll help you generate the results you’re looking for!